Pharma 2020: Which path will you take?
- Health care will shift in focus from treatment to prevention
- Pharmaceutical companies will provide total health care packages
- The current linear phase research & development process will give way to in-life testing and live licensing, in collaboration with regulators and health care providers
- The traditional blockbuster sales model will disappear
- The supply chain function will become revenue generating as it becomes integral to the health care package and enables access to new channels
- More sophisticated direct-to-consumer distribution channels will diminish the role of wholesalers
Global Advisory Leader Pharmaceuticals & Life Sciences
Steve leads the global advisory team at PwC focussed on the pharmaceutical and life sciences industry. Based in London, he has worked in the industry for over 13 years and has consulted to both pharmaceutical and biotech companies for 17 years.
He specialises in the areas of strategy, discovery research, new product and process development, boardroom strategy and transformation.
Steve has a BSc, PhD and is a visiting professor at UCL. He has been a faculty member of the ECPM for 12 years and is a member of the Royal Society of Medicine and the DIA.
- Steve has led the firms forward thinking thought leadership series Pharma 2005, Pharma 2010 and currently leads the Pharma 2020 series. These papers have been met with widespread acclaim across the industry.
- Steve has led complex assignments for almost all of the major pharmaceutical players; he has worked extensively across Europe, USA and Japan and more recently in the growing markets of Asia.
Steve works across the value chain of the Pharma company and regulators across the world.
* = required.