Pharma Industry Report: Single Use & Disposable Technologies for Biomanufacturing 2013
Pharma Industry Series: Disposable Solutions for Biomanufacturing - Special Report 2013
The last 10 years has seen a surge in the use of single-use and disposable systems for the production of biopharmaceuticals, initially in early stage products, but increasingly in commercial products. Exclusively revealing the results of a Pharma IQ industry-wide survey, almost a quarter of respondents say their number one goal for 2013 is to move single use systems from development into commercial use, and 45% cited cost savings as the biggest factor for doing so.
However, understanding the limitations of disposable equipment and the issue of validation appear to be the greatest challenges for end users who are looking at scaling up for commercial use.
So the question the industry is now asking is where will technology go in the future? And how can new innovations and possibilities with this kind of technology be applied to improve development and manufacturing platforms?
With the upcoming Disposable Solutions for Biomanufacturing Summit in mind, Pharma IQ, shares the current trends and predictions in the Single Use & Disposable Technologies for Biomanufacturing 2013 report. Benchmark against your peers and gain up-to-date insights on the 6 hottest topics in Single Use and Disposable Solutions for Biomanufacturing in 2013, including :
Ensuring a reliable supply chain to avoid crisis situations with Jerold Martin, Sr. VP, Global Scientific affairs, Biopharmaceuticals at Pall Life Sciences –BPSA .
Combat challenges around standardisation with best practice tips from Janssen Biologics
Drive the quality and safety of your pharmaceutical products through minimising E&Ls: Director of the E&L team at GSK shares practical insights on risk assessments
Overcome transition challenges to scaling up to downstream and commercial usewith advice from Pfizer Animal Health and Cobra Biologics
This Special Report is part of our Pharma Industry Series.
About 6th Annual Disposable Solutions for Biomanufacturing Summit 2014
So what’s new at the 6th Annual Disposable Solutions for Biomanufacturing Summit 2014?
This year Pharma-IQ is bringing together regulatory experts, industry leaders and innovative service providers to get to the core of the industry’s issues. Hear brand new case studies and the latest developments in:
- Facility set up and integration of single use systems into steel facilities
- Extractables and Leachables: regulation, strategies and implementation
- Single use systems and the potential for continuous manufacturing for biopharma
- Standardisation and scale up of downstream technology
- Integration of multiple suppliers: streamlining communication between buyer and service provider
2014 features include:
- Brand New Innovation Spotlight Panel: The latest in innovation from the hottest solution providers. Fresh to market products are pitched to a leading judging panel in front of the entire delegation. Awards for innovation, product development and anticipated ROI
- Hands-On Tech Demonstrations scheduled in the programme allow you to understand and get to grips with new products first hand
To receive the white paper on this topic please submit your information in the form below.
By entering in your information and submitting the form, you give the sponsor permission to contact you regarding their product.
Contributor: Tony Hitchcock
Contributor: Andrea Charles
Contributor: Niamh Madigan
Eight Minutes to Best Practice on Effective Implementation & Integration of Disposables (Single-Use) SystemsContributor: Niamh Madigan
Presenter: Chris Shaw
Presenter: Alain Pralong
Presenter: Ciaran Kelleher
Presenter: Dan Nelson
Presenter: Jerold Martin
Presenter: Nick Montgomery