A recognized international executive with over 30 years experience in Outsourcing, Shared Services, Process Improvement, CEO Coaching, and Corporate Strategy, John Kirk is a leading authority in Global Business Management. He honed his results-oriented approach in leadership roles as a Covansys Vice President, a KPMG Partner, an IBM Corporation Principal, and a Dun & Bradstreet Software Senior Manager, and has an established reputation in the field of Global Management Advisory.
John's international background makes him uniquely qualified in his field. In his early years he lived and was educated in Europe and this experience continues to shape a deep appreciation for international cultures and the nuances of international business. His career began in HR for several manufacturing plants, where he educated himself through deep immersion on the factory floor, talking with line supervisors and developing a real-world approach to managing by walking around. Through subsequent positions he acquired extensive experience in developing global operations, outsourcing/offshoring and launching global products.
In his current role as CEO and Managing Partner of J Phillip Partners he consults and provides CEO coaching for primarily Fortune 100 to Fortune 500 companies.
John is a columnist for SSON, focusing on SME's adoption of sourcing models including shared services & outsourcing.
Twitter: jp_kirk@jpkirk_jppLinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/johnkirkjpp/
- Is Shared Service or Outsourcing right for Small to Medium Enterprise - Helping SME’s to evaluate the Shared Services and/or Outsourcing options.
- Business Case for Shared Services or Outsourcing – The “how to” do a business case for Shared Services / Outsourcing.
- Setting Up a Shared Services Center or Outsource your processes – The step by step in launching a SS Center or Outsourcing operation.
- Service Level Agreements – Components, structure, measuring, restructure.
- Continuous Improvement of your Center or Outsourcer – Implementing and managing a continuous improvement program.
- Shared Services and Outsourcing Lessons Learned – A Listing of lessons learned by those who have implementing Shared Services and Outsourcing operations.
- State of Shared Services and Outsourcing in Small to Medium Enterprises – A survey and results.
- Trends in Shared Services and Outsourcing – What are the 2013 – 2014 trends in Shared Services and Outsourcing.