The Institute of Clinical Research
The Institute of Clinical Research (ICR) is the probably the oldest independent membership-led professional body for global clinical researchers.
For over 40 years, The Institute of Clinical Research (ICR) has provided high-quality training, networking and support to the clinical research community. For many Members the Institute has been part of their life throughout their working careers, many have been with the Institute since its first incarnation as the ACRPI.
It is the membership that makes the Institute.
How does it all work?
The Institute of Clinical Research is you, the Membership governed by the Articles of Memorandum drawn up by the founding members.
The Board is made up of members who give their time freely to guide the future direction of the ICR.
The ICR Secretariat is the administrative arm of the Institute, its primary focus is to ensure that the wishes of the Board and Membership are carried out and to see to the day to day tasks that any membership organisation generates.
The ICR exists to support our members through all stages of their careers. We do this, in part, by:
• Defining and refining standards for our profession
• Providing a forum for discussion of key issues impacting clinical research
• Promoting good relations with other healthcare-related groups
• Providing opportunities for learning and development to enhance professional competence
• Enhancing public confidence and understanding of clinical research