• Discuss Change Management in A Lab Based Environment – what happens after you have purchased a new solution?
• Analyse the critical success factors for new technology adoption and implementation to avoid misalignment between stakeholders
• Develop a proactive communication strategy internally to foster collaboration and compliant user engagement
• Assess the current level of automation for end-to-end laboratory workflows in the life science research space and how the strong focus on automating single workflow steps with separated instruments/integrations can delay overall process automation
• Look into business process modelling and management tools as they are applied successfully in other industries and what limits their adoption as a proposed solution for life science automation
• Identify the essential requirements of end-to-end research workflow automation and how business process management tools can help to achieve the goal of a FAIR, digital, lab of the future
• Discuss the industry ‘best practice’ for building positive and proactive vendor relationships – can we build a roadmap for success?
• Analyse how communication and management strategies differ when problems arise: theory vs reality!
• What happens when things turn sour? How to ensure you minimise process and systems disruption when you move away from existing partners and on board new partnerships
Use this opportunity to discuss with peers the key topics disrupting the informatics industry and brainstorm strategies to ensure you stay ahead of the game! With a focus on looking beyond the HOW to address each problem and focusing on the WHY we are even trying – these interactive discussion groups will give you a thorough grounding in the process development necessary to advance solutions internally.
Leveraging Cross-Functional Expertise to Optimise Your Data Integration
• Ramon Lopez, Systems Analyst, Syngenta
Digitalisation Beyond R&D – Enhancing Data Verification for QA Process Optimisation
AI and Advanced Analytics – Leveraging Integrated Informatics Systems to Drive Business Insight
• Plamen Petrov, Informatics Specialist, Lundbeck
Teams and Training – Looking at the Human Factor in Laboratory Informatics
• Cindy Novak, Global IT Manager, Takeda
Each think tank will last for 30minutes with the opportunity to rotate to a second think tank in the session.
• Examine why a modular software environment is currently without alternatives
• Discuss what Smartlab should have learned from Smarthomes
• Map out how a modular system in a laboratory could look
• Build the system you need with the insight and engagement of industry colleagues and expert solution providers
• Scrutinise how to enhance user and team engagement to minimise human error and data mis-use
• Identify the common roadblocks and opportunities from the implementation of AI, Machine Learning and data mining technologies through leading pharma and biotech case studies
• Examine meaning and usefulness of networks in a bio-medical context
• Assess virtual reality as an intuitive data analysis platform for combining human and machine intelligence
• Discuss how data, information, and knowledge are the products of the lab, creating value for your business
• Assess why digitalisation of the lab needs a major overhaul to be as agile as your business
• Benchmark your digitalisation projects against real case studies of implementation and roll-out
• Hear how GSK have enhanced their Functional Genomics by incorporating vast and disparate data sets
• Prepare for the biggest hurdles faced when integrating such large data sets to avoid unexpected delays and challenges
• Discuss the training and implementation processes for the GSK Functional Genomics project: where people play a vital role in project success
• Examine Takeda’s new site development strategy and how this translated in real life implementation
• Discuss the critical success factors when developing a new site from scratch and how this differs from updating existing sites and infrastructure
• Outline your site management strategy when your systems and informatics capabilities exceed your other sites
• Examine how R&D has already been proven to benefit from increased digitalisation of analytical and informatics based labs
• Benchmark industry adoption of ‘future technologies’ such as AI and Machine learning in real time – what are companies currently doing and how can your company leverage these insights?
• Outline your team management strategy when digitalising your process – maximising user engagement whilst minimising user error through misaligned communications