Main Conference Day Two
8:30 am - 9:00 am Morning Registration and Coffee Break
9:00 am - 9:10 am Chairwoman's Opening Remarks
9:10 am - 9:50 am THE REVOLUTION IS HERE: ARE YOU READY?
- Define the role of your R&D laboratory within product development to highlight the focus area for systems development and digitalisation
- Examine the role of digitalisation in connecting disparate data sets as a means of generating holistic business insights
- Discuss the industry adoption of the ‘digital revolution’ and why the success of this revolution relies on the development and expertise of your team
9:50 am - 10:30 am INTEGRATING BEYOND YOUR FOUR WALLS: BRINGING EXTERNAL SOURCES INTO THE LAB
- Examine the challenges for ensuring systems integrity and process efficiency when operating across disconnected digital environments
- Discuss the opportunities of connecting external environments and offices with your laboratory systems to achieve systems synchronicity
- Identify the critical implementation factors to be considered in the transition towards connected workspaces
10:30 am - 11:10 am LAB WORKFLOW ORCHESTRATION AND LAB OF THE FUTURE: THE ROCHE APPROACH
- Identify what is lab workflow orchestration and why is it crucial for you to achieve a ‘Lab of the Future’
- Examine how to achieve digital lab workflows with Roche’s road-map
- Discuss how business process management can be used to standardise lab workflows and make device integration and lab automation easier for
11:10 am - 11:40 am Morning Coffee Break
11:40 am - 12:20 pm INTELLIGENT AUTOMATION: BUILDING A FLEXIBLE AND FORWARD-THINKING DIGITAL OPTIMISATION STRATEGY
- Define the long-term strategy for optimising the electronic analytical tools across business processes with a view of global UCB implementation
- Map out the internal and external challenges to overcome in optimising the laboratory informatics environment for cross-functional utilisation
- Examine what is missing from the current solution landscape, and where systems can be further developed to aid the broader informatics transformation strategies
12:20 pm - 1:00 pm BUILDING BLOCKS FOR THE FUTURE: HOW FAR ARE WE FROM AN IOT LEAD LAB?
Ramon Lopez System Analyst Syngenta
Ramon Lopez System Analyst Syngenta
- Industry informatics progression: What are the realities of semantic technology and how does this correspond to data standards?
- Analyse the role of artificial intelligence technology in informatics process optimisation: What can we implement now and what is a future focus?
- Define the digital landscape and loop in your lab
Ramon LopezSystem Analyst
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm Networking Lunch Break
2:00 pm - 3:00 pm TECHNOLOGY SPOTLIGHT: DRAGON’S LAIR
This interactive troubleshooting session targets key LIMS challenges and packs fun into the bargain too. Delegates and solution providers will split into
teams and conceptualise, research and create a brand new product to help with their LIMS challenges. Once formed, each idea will be presented to a
team of industry judges, who will vote for the best idea.
3:00 pm - 3:40 pm USING ALLOTROPE CONCEPTS FOR FAIRISATION: A USEFUL APPROACH TO ACHIEVE COMPARABILITY OF ANALYTICAL RESULTS IN DATA PLATFORMS?
- Analyse the implementation of an enterprise data platform based on the data lake concept
- Examine if allotrope standards are a useful FAIR implementation for your data platform
- Explore comparability of analytical results, a practical combination of allotrope standards, FAIR principles and the data lake concept
- Discuss future outlook: Where is the industry heading?
3:40 pm - 4:10 pm Afternoon Coffee Break
4:10 pm - 4:50 pm DATA MANAGEMENT IN R&D: FROM ANALYSIS TO IMPLEMENTATION
- Examine how BASF performed an internal systems analysis and gap analysis to identify critical areas for development in their informatics systems
- Discuss the key challenges of ensuring effective and compliant data management whilst undergoing a digital transformation
- Map out the realities of new systems implementation to avoid key pitfalls
4:50 pm - 5:30 pm AVOIDING FAILURE AT THE LAST POINT: DISCUSSING THE ROLE OF THE USER IN BUILDING A ROBUST AND FORWARD-FOCUSED INFORMATICS STRATEGY
- Evaluate the shifting role of the informatics scientist / specialist: Where do they fit into the future laboratory informatics paradigm?
- Assess how your company can maximise the intelligence and expertise of the people inside the lab, not just the systems
- Examine the common pitfalls and challenges for ensuring user engagement and the detrimental effect this can have on existing and future systems utilisation
- Create a strategy for engaging and optimising the ‘human factor’ within the laboratory