Main Conference Day Two
8:30 am - 9:00 am Morning Registration and Coffee Break
9:00 am - 9:10 am Chairwoman's Opening Remarks
9:10 am - 9:50 am THE REVOLUTION IS HERE: ARE YOU READY?
- Define the role of your R&D laboratory within product development to highlight the focus area for systems development and digitalisation
- Examine the role of digitalisation in connecting disparate data sets as a means of generating holistic business insights
- Discuss the industry adoption of the ‘digital revolution’ and why the success of this revolution relies on the development and expertise of your team
Rik PepermansFormer - IT Innovation Lead, R&D IT Evangelist
Former - Unilever
9:50 am - 10:30 am Integrating IoLT and Scientific Informatics Platforms to Maximize Data Efficiency
- Optimizing data flow from instruments to analytics and learners
- A customer case study integrating informatics and IoLT platforms
- The added value for externalized research projects.
Rob BrownVP Product Marketing
10:30 am - 11:10 am LAB WORKFLOW ORCHESTRATION AND LAB OF THE FUTURE: THE ROCHE APPROACH
- Identify what is lab workflow orchestration and why is it crucial for you to achieve a ‘Lab of the Future’
- Examine how to achieve digital lab workflows with Roche’s road-map
- Discuss how business process management can be used to standardise lab workflows and make device integration and lab automation easier for
Pedro Ivo GuimaraesSenior Scientist – Large Molecule Discovery Informatics
11:10 am - 11:40 am Morning Coffee Break
11:40 am - 12:20 pm INTELLIGENT AUTOMATION: BUILDING A FLEXIBLE AND FORWARD-THINKING DIGITAL OPTIMISATION STRATEGY
- Define the long-term strategy for optimising the electronic analytical tools across business processes with a view of global UCB implementation
- Map out the internal and external challenges to overcome in optimising the laboratory informatics environment for cross-functional utilisation
- Examine what is missing from the current solution landscape, and where systems can be further developed to aid the broader informatics transformation strategies
Eric De MaesschalckAssistant Director, Head of Global e-Analytics, Corporate Analytical Sciences
12:20 pm - 1:00 pm INTEGRATING BEYOND YOUR FOUR WALLS: BRINGING EXTERNAL SOURCES INTO THE LAB
- Examine the challenges for ensuring systems integrity and process efficiency when operating across disconnected digital environments
- Discuss the opportunities of connecting external environments and offices with your laboratory systems to achieve systems synchronicity
- Identify the critical implementation factors to be considered in the transition towards connected workspaces
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm Networking Lunch Break
2:00 pm - 2:45 pm TECHNOLOGY SPOTLIGHT: DRAGON’S LAIR
This interactive troubleshooting session targets key LIMS challenges and packs fun into the bargain too. Delegates and solution providers will split into
teams and conceptualise, research and create a brand new product to help with their LIMS challenges. Once formed, each idea will be presented to a
team of industry judges, who will vote for the best idea.
2:45 pm - 3:20 pm FROM BED TO BENCH SIDE: INTEGRATING STRUCTURED AND UNSTRUCTURED DATA IN TRANSLATIONAL AND PRE-CLINICAL SPACE
- Pinpoint a strategy for bringing clinical data back to laboratory, and tackling challenges it brings
- Examine the shifting role of bench scientists to information specialist: Where do they fit in the future laboratory informatics paradigm?
- Discuss key factors of user engagement in scientific IT product development
Ondrej HolubSenior Product Owner at Global Innovation Center
3:20 pm - 4:00 pm Why Pharma should be terrified of Big Data
- How you are getting outmanoeuvred as you move into Big Data.
- Why you can't unlock the data in your product silos, how to make it FAIR.
- How to 'Uber' your data strategy before you get 'Kodaked'
David WhewellDirector and Chief Engineer
4:00 pm - 4:30 pm Afternoon Coffee Break
4:30 pm - 5:10 pm DATA MANAGEMENT IN R&D: FROM ANALYSIS TO IMPLEMENTATION
- Examine how BASF performed an internal systems analysis and gap analysis to identify critical areas for development in their informatics systems
- Discuss the key challenges of ensuring effective and compliant data management whilst undergoing a digital transformation
- Map out the realities of new systems implementation to avoid key pitfalls
Dr. Kimberly SimancasProject Manager Digital Excellence, R&D
5:05 pm - 5:40 pm PANEL DISCUSSION: DEFINING AN INFORMATICS-BASED APPROACH TO BUILDING A SMARTER LAB
- Evaluate the shifting role of the informatics scientist / specialist: Where do they fit into the future laboratory informatics paradigm?
- Assess how your company can maximise the intelligence and expertise of the people inside the lab, not just the systems
- Examine the common pitfalls and challenges for ensuring user engagement and the detrimental effect this can have on existing and future systems utilisation
- Create a strategy for engaging and optimising the ‘human factor’ within the laboratory
David WhewellDirector and Chief Engineer