Pre-Conference Workshop Day
Monday, February 17th, 2020
11:30 AM AGILE SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOP: The Tortoise and the Hare – How Efficiency Works in an Agile Business
There is plenty of folk wisdom about how slow and steady wins the race, how a stitch in time saves nine - yet we continue to operate in organisations the way businesses did a century ago when time and motion studies were the latest thing. When Agile methods are used well, efficiency just doesn’t look like it did when work was mostly visible and mostly manual. 21st century companies have to combine creativity, technology, and keen understanding of customers. Agile practices do this extraordinarily well, but they seem counterintuitive.
In this workshop we will look behind the surface and help you understand the inner workings and how to best support your organisation as it moves through a deep self-transformation.
Key points of discussion:
· True Agility demands collaboration across disciplines - helping identify safety risks and blind alleys early
· Frequent end-user feedback keeps development focused, especially if the marketplace is changing
· Agile can "build in" the generation of required documentation and conduct of reviews
· Some Agile teams may save time by exploring multiple solutions early
· Also counterintuitive is mob programming - how can multiple employees working on one item be efficient?
· Learn what to do when it appears your Agile team isn’t as efficient as you believe they should be
· Establish how to answer management concerns about resource utilisation
· Understand when planned parallel activities are not wasteful
· Discover what “deciding at the last responsible moment” means and how it benefits your development work
· Uncover how to make risk management and human factors support efficiency rather than compete with it
· Gain ideas for building documentation into the flow of development
Main Conference Day Two
Wednesday, February 19th, 2020
2:15 PM Is SOUP driving you NUTS?
• Compare SOUP vs. OTS - is there a difference?
• Delve into what IEC 62304 says about SOUP
• Unpack requirements in the new FDA guidance on OTS software
• Discuss SOUP in your SBOM - tools may be coming to the rescue!