Smartlab Global Academy: UX for R&D Life Sciences
This webinar panel will advocate that User Experience (UX) design offers unlocked benefits to the R&D life science industry.
Using scientific software can be a frustrating, error prone and time-consuming process resulting in less productive research.
This webinar panel will advocate that User Experience (UX) design offers unlocked benefits to the R&D life science industry. UX design is an evidence-based design process that centres on the behaviours and needs of users.
Although UX is well established in other industries it is still in its infancy in R&D life sciences and it has the potential to deliver significant research efficiencies.
In this webinar we will cover aspects of UX in life science R&D including:
- The key benefits of UX for life science R&D and comparisons with the deployment of UX in other industry verticals
- Challenges in life science R&D for UX
- How the Pistoia Alliance User Experience for Life Sciences (UXLS) project aims to address these challenges through the development and deployment of its UXLS toolkit
- Scope of UX work in the R&D life sciences with some case studies taken directly from the Pistoia Alliance UXLS toolkit (uxls.org)
- Different team structures that can be deployed to effect UX in life science R&D