Health Technology Assessment Goes Online
Pharma IQ is pioneering new HTA discussion platform with launch of the first ever HTA Online event - Global HTA and CER Forum, which will take an innovative form of 12 online session over the course of August.
Health Technology Assessment has recently observed anunprecedented global expansion. Clinical and cost effectiveness are assessed for pharmaceuticals in Australia, Canada and the UK, while clinical benefit is the main focus in France and Germany for new drugs. CER is rapidly gaining momentum in the US to inform federal funding decisions, while commercial USpayers use clinical and economic evidence in formulary listings.
Over 12 speakers from 10 countries, including 5 HTA agencies, will deliver 13 presentations:
• National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE)
• Patented Medicine Prices Review Board (PMPRB)
• Spanish Agency for Health Technology Assessment (AETS)
• Roche Products
• Office of Health Economics
• F. Hoffmann-La Roche
Key topics to discussed by expert panel include:
· Speeding the reimbursement processes with first-hand input from prominent HTA bodies: NICE, OHE and HIQA
· Exploring the efforts of standardisation of HTA in Europe
· Implementing a best practice approach to value-based pricing
· Analysing the finer points of performance-based reimbursement and its impact
· Aligning HTA strategies with insight from leading pharma and biotech companies: GSK, Roche and Amgen
· Designing product development programmes to maximise reimbursement success
The online form of the event is meant to help to reach the global audience and enable experts from Europe to have a live discussion with their colleagues in US, Canada and Australia without the need to leave their desk.
'In response to the fact that we operate in a time of reduced budgets and time, this conference takes place 100% online, therefore no travelling expenses or timing conflicts would occur' says Andrea Charles, Global HTA and CER Forum Director.
'What's more, if someone misses a session, it can always be accesses online as a recorded version of live session. It also means thatnow we can easily access global audience and industry experts from United States will be able to network easily with their colleagues from Europe without the need of leaving their desk or home'.
For more information, images or press passes, contact:
Joanna Checinska, Marketing Manager
Phone: 44 (0) 2073689300