Medical Electronic Device Conference & Expo (MEDCon) Addresses Low-Power Design, Innovation and Regulatory Challenges for Medical Device Engineers and Designers
New York, NY and Chicago, IL – IQPC announces the Medical Electronic Device Conference & Expo (MEDCon) to be held May 16-18, 2011 at Navy Pier in Chicago, IL. The event was developed to deliver unprecedented access to engineering solutions exclusively for the medical device community.
"According to recent research, the medical device market is set to grow 12% - 14% annually over the next several years due to a growing ageing population and the resulting demand for devices that maintain, support and prolong life,”comments Ian McRae, MEDCon Event Director. “This growth brings additional demands for innovations in miniaturisation and engineering advancements. MEDCon is focused on the product development, engineering and design executives being tasked with designing the next generation of these smaller, longer-lasting, wireless and networked devices."
Leading medical device manufacturers will address key challenges in designing next generation devices including:
- Optimising a low-power design to extend battery life and reduce footprint
- Maintaining the safety and security of data from electronic devices
- Knowing where the FDA & FCC are heading with telehealth, 501(K) & documentation for certification of Class II & III devices
- How wireless, radio frequency and remote monitoring are shaping medical device innovation
- Conducting a proper risk analysis to measure design investment against obsolescence
MEDCon will also feature an Exhibit Hall for engineers to source leading products, technology and services. Expo passes are available to:
- See the latest electronic components & systems to solve power, wireless & space configuration needs
- Learn about new initiatives that electronics suppliers are working on to facilitate the next generation of medical devices
- Engage contract manufacturers that meet your design challenges, timeframe & budget
- Network with colleagues and peers who are facing similar challenges
In addition to learning at the event, MEDCon has developed an Electronic Medical Device Resource Center with content, including interviews, articles, podcasts and other resources.
Network with MEDCon:
LinkedIn: Medical Electronic Device – The Network for Medical Device Professionals
IQPC (www.iqpc.com) provides business executives with tailored practical conferences, large-scale events, topical seminars and in-house training programs. Producing over 1,500 events annually around the world, IQPC continues to grow and has offices in cities across six continents including: Berlin, Dubai, London, New York, Sao Paulo, Singapore, Sydney, and Toronto.
T: +1 212-885-2660
F: +1 888-231-7864